Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Lately I have been drifting

It's been a month already? Wow. I mean a month since I last wrote here. Clearly, I have taken quite the chill pill when it comes to blogging and personal project stuff.

I tend to do this though. I work in waves it would seem. Really, it's more about the fact that I'm currently searching for my "next thing". These past 7-8 months have been all about me trying to leave my shitty job and become a programmer.

I've officially accomplished all of those goals, and currently have nothing big or exciting to work towards. I have a feeling that the reason MOST people just wander through life without ever accomplishing anything huge is the same reason I haven't done too much this past month in the public eye.

It's all about a combination of things I assume.
  * Having a passion for something
  * Trying to improve something that is painful
  * A clear objective and path to complete it

Those were the things that had me working my ass off to reach the level I did this year. Currently I'd rate my level of happiness at "meh". In other words, I am not UNHAPPY, but I also have nothing exciting to think about or talk about.

This month I consumed about 7 audiobooks on Audible. I really enjoy listening to them at the 3x speed. I was going to listen to some twice, but I just keep finding new ones that I want to go through.

I realize that one of my number one passions in life is just learning things. I get a LOT of enjoyment from sharing what I have learned, and creating videos or blog posts but I just don't ever prioritize or value doing that so what happens is I look up and realize it's been over a month!

I have a huge list of things that I WANT to share with people, but then before I do I learn 5 more things that I want to share and just get carried away. I have to say, there is a large amount of respect that I hold for people who consistently write quality content.

It's fun and rewarding, but keeping that habit isn't easy!

So overall, that's my update. I just wanted to make it clear that I am currently in "drifter" mode as I search within for what is essential to me, and what lofty and exciting goal I want to pursue next will be.

1 comment:

  1. I was one of the first subscribers back in the early days of your channel. I hope you can find your thing to do and upload shit on youtube. Just do vlogs, videos on your work/programming, advice, life advice, etc. Hope to see you back with at least 1 video per 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete