Monday, June 29, 2015

Planning to do some sleep hacking

Alright, closing in on the month of July. Good stuff happening. IBM Job is
locked in. I can give up all of the stress from looking for jobs. Now to focus
on being happy.

Plans for the next 2 months? Freelance to pay the bills...approx 5 hours 5 days
per week. Yep 25 hrs np. Only charging $40/hr, but that's plenty to keep me
going for now. If I were to take on any other work I'd probably go up to $60 minimum.

Can leave me with extra time for learning, writing, and social. Wee!

So, as of this morning I woke up feeling AMAZING. Got sleepy around 8-ish? Just
crashed out, woke up naturally this morning around 1:30am and I haven't felt
this good in...I don't KNOW how long.

This has led me to think, okay I need to start studying this sleep thing. I
heard on a podcast about Buck Fuller doing the Dymaxion sleep. 30 minutes
every 6 hours. Great, that's perfect for me.

The trick I believe, is that he wrote down/monitored the times when he felt
tired, and put in a nap during that time. If I use that same approach, I feel
that I can cut out the long periods of sleep and get that benefit that I just
experienced this morning.

Off the top of my head, I get tired around 4-5pm, and 9pm? Maybe around 12. Not
sure honestly that's a best guestimate, so I'll just monitor it the next few
days.

Instead of going cold-turkey poly I'll probably first get used to sleeping maybe
4hrs and tossing in a 30 min nap when I get tired during the day. Most people
I've researched tend to fail (myself included in previous attempts) due to not
switching to poly gradually. Hopefully I can fix that.

Once I adjust to napping, and (oh btw) learning to sleep upright...just in case
I have to sleep somewhere without a bed, in my car, on a couch etc...that's when
I can try to slowly phase out more of that core sleep time.

That's probably the most I should look into it for now. I have to get some
personal data going before I make hard decisions. For now though, I purchased
some 33dec sound blocking ear foam thingies, and a sleep mask.

And...some other ramblings

I learned about a few awesome plants that you can fill your house with to
improve the oxygen, and supposedly make you more productive. I'm 100% down for
doing that, but I'll wait until I move to Austin. For now, I pinned it on the
"to get" Trello board.

My Pavlok band should be here before too long hopefully, and so I'm looking
forward to some great strides being made in the next 2 months.

I'll be mapping out what content I'd like to get written over the next couple of
days, and hopefully have July planned in such a way that I can get into the
habit of daily writing easily by just pulling from a list of topics. It's much
harder if I don't even know what I'm going to write about!

Well, any more writing and about my "plans" would just be rambling and futile so
I'll get back to work now :)

1 comment:

  1. Genesis Mega Drive mini review - Titanium Arts
    Genesis Mega titanium nipple rings Drive mini review Genesis Mega Drive mini review. titanium granite From titanium white paint its speedy hedgehogs babyliss pro titanium flat iron (including Mega Drive II), you're in the apple watch series 6 titanium right place

    ReplyDelete