Saturday, June 27, 2015

SUCCESS! I got a job

I got the job! Pretty good offer as well. But first, let's talk about my personal goals etc.

So June was a bit wishy-washy as far as personal habits go. My single biggest issue is I've had trouble getting out of bed and being exhausted, and many more seizures. Could be stress? Not sure. Either way, it sucks. I haven't kept up with workouts, but I've done some squats / pushups to stay warmed up and active a bit.

I wanted to do a lot of personal content creation and working on my website but I really did none of that at all. I think I just overloaded myself a bit and couldn't focus.

Overall it was a success in the sense that I doubled my hourly rate for my freelance, got 2 job offers, 1 which I've now accepted and will be making a lot more money, and moving to Austin.

All of my hard work has finally paid off. The things I've been doing up until now have led to this moment really. I now just have to "try" and be patient, as the job won't start until Sept 1st. No probs, that gives me time to really do things I enjoy while freelancing.

I may do some writing, catch up on some tv shows, maybe play a game or two?

Overall I just want to enjoy myself and keep learning things without allowing myself to stress...myself. Ha.

Things are looking good!

So, just because I reached a big milestone / goal doesn't mean I'm done. I don't believe in stopping or slowing down. I certainly have waves of energy that go up and down, and so I'm on the downward ride of a huge spike of energy, which is fine.

That said, I have ideas for locking in good habit change and rituals. I've purchased a Pavlok armband, which should help me to kick any bad habits, and lock in the really good ones.

Going forward, I want to spend anywhere from 2-3 hours in the morning focusing on learning and writing...or really just writing / content creation in general.  Perhaps an hour or two itself for learning ha.

I don't know, I always have high expectations but what I've been learning recently is that it's not about getting those things done, but more about how hard you work. That's what I need to start focusing my measure of success on.

Alright, this is long enough. I'm excited to plan out my strategy for the month of July. We will see where it goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment