Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Rough week, and tough project!

Blegh! Okay it's been a bit since my last update...right around 2 weeks in fact. For the first time in a decade I was sick. I thought I had the flu, but luckily I did not. Either way I did end up missing out on some work, and spent about 12 hours a day sleeping (which is a ton, considering I only sleep 6 hours a day generally). I wasn't up to doing any work at all on the final project so I am not really MUCH further along than I was 2 weeks ago.

That said, I have hit some serious road blocks which I just CAN NOT overcome. For example, I am unable to figure out how to get javascript to work with link_to in this project. I am also taking seriously long amounts of time figuring out the models and associations.

While at first it feels discouraging, it feels great once I finally overcome the problems. When I look at it, I realize I am overcoming big challenges and making huge strides.

After this project is complete I will most likely be spending time learning algorithms, and doing exercism.io projects.

So, off I go...continuing to finish up this final project HOPEFULLY by the end of these next 2 days off.

So in other news, I sold my gaming laptop with the plans of getting...a Chromebook. Crazy right? Well, I I have heard they do well as a Linux machine and for just web dev hopefully the lower specs won't be a killer on me. If anything...I could always buy a more beast of a machine later if I begin making more money and actually NEED more than an i3 processer and 4gb of Ram. I really do all of my dev on this desktop however so I am not too concerned.

Still no word yet about that trainer position. I may apply for a manager role also, which would be less time consuming and less responsibility. Might work better with my goal of learning web dev.

No comments:

Post a Comment