Monday, December 1, 2014

Motivated? Yes. Scattered and Inefficient? Yes

So, I've been all over the place as of lately. I am having trouble nailing down a single stack, or even a language to dive into deeply and do a project in atm. I am currently switching back and forth between Java, Javascript, HTML/CSS, Python, and various other readings. As of lately, I really want to learn C# also now that it has gone open source and should soon be good to go for cross plat development.

Agh, well anyhow...I certainly won't get far bouncing back and forth as it won't give me a chance to lock down anything important in ANY of the technologies before I forget it. That said, my programming skills are certainly not going away themselves...it's just learning the syntax and libraries of a language so that I can actually put my knowledge to use. One thing that will remain constant across all of these backend techs is the need to work with HTML/CSS and some Javascript.

Back when I was just playing around with Actionscript for Flash I learned very quickly because I instantly began working on a game project. I didn't worry about different technologies, IDEs, platforms etc. I just wanted to make a cool game. The difference now is that I don't have that focused direction. I believe that is what I could use in order to propel myself forward. If I give myself something to work on, I'll discover whatever is necessary to get it done.

That said, I think I should probably spend a bit of focus in at least getting up a basic site that I can use in order to work with, and then go back to building up a project within a backend. I am thinking of sticking with Java for now since it is so universal and fast in comparison to something like Python...which is "neat" but which I don't personally find as exciting and fun to write in as other people.

On another note, as I am still skeptical on my ability to finance my way into the Codeup bootcamp...I am still going in for an interview this coming Tuesday. I was informed they have a special financing company that works with them so we will see how that turns out.



No comments:

Post a Comment