Tuesday, May 5, 2015

INSANITY!

You lack discipline!

So last that I wrote, I was talking about my trouble with discipline and so as I planned out my strategy for May I've put myself in a position to try and correct that. I've scheduled at very rigorously how my day will go in terms of habits I want to integrate and things to test my discipline.

I have a chart showing punishments and rewards for not doing things. For example, if I don't get up without snooze and make my bed right away I get a big slap on the wrist (the Pavlok shock band was too expensive, so slaps will do for now).

I've added in mandatory morning writing, followed by meditation, and then an Insanity workout. Whoa, I am SO sore (day 2 completed so far). I am not even sure how I am going to handle today's exercise haha. Overall though I'm looking forward to getting into really good physical shape as I know it will help me out mentally as well.

I've also been doing the Hot/Cold shower thing and it's really cool. The cold part sucks, sure, but it makes you get this huge adrenaline rush and really fires you up to get going, and gets your breathing going for sure.

Just might have a job soon (I've said this before lol)

I feel really good about some of the upcoming job prospects. I've got several interviews lined up, and going back and forth with emails for a few others. Bumping up the number of apps I place certainly helps, but I'm sure refining my e-mail message and resume are part of it as well. Another thing, is unless the position specifically states they want a senior with 5+ years that can LEAD the team, I am applying for it.

What I've found is that in like 90% of the cases there is no "junior" position listings. There simply is either "2-3 years of experience" or "Senior with 5-10 Years" and so I've learned from speaking with others the 2-3 years is just a way of saying, "We want someone who can code." That's me!

Time chunking evolved

I have my month planned in chunks of time now, rather than by week. So I just finished up two days of content writing which gave me the posts for the month. Once I pick up a job I'll probably push that to like 4 days focused on content writing.

Upcoming is a few "hack days" where I put together a project using React / Ionic in an attempt to make a phone app. Most likely a habit tracking app. Next I'll be working to finish up the freelance project Josh Owens gave me to work on integrating a CMS backend and calendar API into a wedding planning website. Seems fun.

Alright, that's me summed up the last few days. Onward to the meditation time, and I'll talk to you in a couple of days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment