Sunday, May 24, 2015

Networking could be the key

Week 3 of Discpline month

This week was interesting, I had some wins and fails. I'm starting to see a pattern with just about everything taking way longer than I predict for it to. It took me several hours to do the "Why Vim?" video, AND several hours to put together the talk for the Vim/Tmux IDE talk I did this week.

Overall I did some cool stuff however so I can't discredit myself too much. I hosted an online hackathon type of project, and I finished it up enough to display as a portfolio project which is awesome. I did a decent amount of freelance (not near as much as I NEED to do) but I met a great guy after doing the talk and ended up being offered some freelance where I pair with him up at the Geekdom downtown which was a lot of fun.

I ended up missing a day of exercise yesterday after sleeping an additional 5 hours randomly. That was odd, but it happens I guess. I just woke up and could NOT function and passed out. Other than that incident, I've been easily getting 4-5 hours of sleep and feeling amazing.

Even though it hasn't been perfect, this month of doing habits and discipline has been great. I'm really looking forward to solidifying and ramping things up going forward so that I can keep pushing myself and growing.

I'm at a point now where I just need to put in more job apps and get hired, because the only other thing I can do in my learning is just create more apps...so I'm more than 100% capable of getting any job IMO. Now the trick is to convince someone else of that lol.

I may not have to get a job as soon as I had thought if this relationship with the guy I started working with last night goes well, because he has a lot of work and is willing to share.

Overall, I'm happy with my progress and I'm learning a ton. I REALLY want to ramp things up even further, and get great at things like React as well. I may be jumping into some Angular as I help on this other project which is fine as also since there is a lot of work with that framework. Anyway, I'll be pumping out more content later and giving you guys an update after this next week rolls around!

No comments:

Post a Comment