Saturday, May 2, 2015

It Has Begun!

I've done it! I quit my job as ATT customer support finally. I feel so good
about this. I had another 'temp' job lined up started a week later, but decided
to push it to 3 weeks later so that I can really focus on my personal stuff. I
have enough money saved AND I was able to land some freelance work that will
give me approx the amount of money that I would have gotten working for 2-3
weeks.

Lately I've had my discipline and efficiency levels tested. In other words, I've
been faltering a bit. This is PROBABLy expected. I have been on full high octane
mode for months now which is better than I've ever done in the past, but these
motivation things will come in waves and no human is perfect...I'm surprised
I've been able to push myself this hard for so long.

That said I really want to continue to grow and learn at a rapid pace so I have
some plans going forward for April, which I'll be able to test my theory on and
chat about as I try it out.

For now, I want to chat about this Shock Therapy idea that you can shock
yourself to eliminate habits. I don't have the money for the band itself (it's
like $190) but I decided ever time I bit my lips I'd slap the shit out of my
wrist, and after 3 days I now catch myself each time and don't do it.

I'm going to brainstorm out other habits I'd like to add or remove so that I can
apply this same technique. I may eventually get that band once I get a job
again because this is awesome. I can make so many changes by adding micro-habits
and removing bad habits.

I was chatting with my roommate about a weakness of mine for years being my lack
of discipline, and so I believe putting some hard focus on improving it will
really help me a LOT in the immediate future (and the long run obviously).

I really love overcoming challenges, but I definitely need to layer even more
difficulties into my life so that I can grow that way as well.

I've started doing the meditating which is difficult, but I am not as consistent
as I'd like. I need to begin waking up a bit earlier, I've played around with
sleep times and tried out 7 hours again but didn't change my time to bed, so I'm
getting going around 8-ish and that makes me feel WAY less productive since I'm
supercharged when I get up around 5am and nobody else is up and no sun is up
yet.

The other thing I've tried doing is taking the hot/cold showers and ending on
cold. I'm still a bit wimpy about it and only doing a small amount of cold but
if I am moving in the right direction that helps.

The next step is to get really serious about my fitness. I have been dabblign
around doing some bike riding, a bit of jogging, and some very light stuff in
between pomodoros but now I'd like to do a full on Insanity cycle (the actual
insanity workout program). If I complete that I may transition into P90X. I'd do
P90X right now but I can't realy put the money forth to go get the weights I
need...I need just around 200 bucks extra or so to do that but I'm pretty damn
broke lol.

There is a ton more I can talk about but this post is already too long winded so
I'll stop there.

No comments:

Post a Comment