Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Feeling Like Crap is No Fun, Let's Fix That

Adjusting my sleep

Man, I have to say that perhaps 5 hours isn't working so well for me any more. It could be something different, but waking up yesterday I felt like I was smacked by a truck and I was NOT productive at all. I eventually felt so crappy I just had to take a nap for an hour and a half before work lol.

Today I did 6 hours and I feel back to my usual motivated and excited self. I've already written two articles today within an hour and  a half and I'm excited to do more! It sucks because I'd love that extra hour, but if getting up an hour earlier causes me to LOSE a day then that isn't very useful to me.

So, about that new schedule

So I am coming up on the end of my first week of the new "schedule". Overall I feel good about it, however the timing was a bit off on me thinking I could squeeze in learning, challenges, and busy work towards the final hour and a half before I go to work. It ended up that I take a bit more to wake up, mostly due to feeling so crappy in the morning lately. Also I was extremely non-productive feeling for a bit. I still got stuff done and I'm happy with what I accomplished though.

I think next week will be better, as I'll be going back to 6 hours which worked great before. I still want to have time allotted to actual learning via reading etc, so I may put some of that into my days off, or just cut down a coding day or creative day and turn it into a learning day.

I'll keep working through this schedule for the month of April, and then I may try out something where I block an entire week to coding, a week to creative, a week to...etc. Overall, the more I can chunk things together and focus on something the better and faster I can do it. That is my thinking with eventually doing a whole week of writing at a time. Who knows maybe I can eventually get to where I'll do like a whole month of content creation and just queue up a ton of stuff, and then I can do a month of project work etc. That's all future thinking of course.

Shitty Job is Shitty

I've been getting more and more annoyed at work. Perhaps I am just 100% ready to get out of there and move on to the next part of my life. Yea definitely lol. If I look back at my goals from the end of December, I really did want to be in the position I am in now, looking for jobs at the beginning of May and have something by the end of June so I think I'm still in a good spot, I'm just more impatient than I had planned for.

Oooo, that feelin'!

Lately I have been getting this little excited butterfly feeling in my stomach, because I am so happy about all of the ideas going through my head. I want to do so many things, and I just have to let time play out a bit and keep doing the right activities but I really am interested to see where everything is headed. I want to help people out with my Youtube and blog, and I have over 100 ideas brainstormed out, but I just need to get them written and recorded!

I'm almost really excited about all of the people I have been meeting in the Slack groups and Gitter chats that I've joined lately. The programming community is a really great one to be a part of, and I think I made the right choice to make the shift away from gaming even if I did really enjoy it and did a great job in that space.

Anyhow, today was a word vomit so I'll stop there. See you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment