Monday, April 20, 2015

Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Happy Life


Now that I've been meditating twice a day for 10 minutes each, I do feel a bit
more calm and less stressed out. Even though the job hasn't let up on it's
shittiness, for some reason I've just begun to be mindful about it and not get
bothered so much. It really seems to be helping!

It's funny and a bit weird too, as I've been listening to podcasts all week (as I have been for months) and like almost ALL of them are suggesting doing meditation in the morning and many talk about the Head Space app that I've been using also. Guess that's positive affirmation too :)

In addition to the meditations, I've decided to go biking/running (mostly biking b/c it's really fun) every other day. It's an easy way for me to get in the exercise I need since I enjoy it so much.

Social feedback

I'm really happy about the reception my Kanban video is getting. Apparently a lot of people have great things to say about it, and also some of my articles are getting complimented too.

After talking to Linda from Codebuddies.org last night, she suggested doing a 100daysofcode challenge, where we blog or tweet about something learned each day. Sounds fun, and I might do that.

Feature Creep

I've been continually adding tasks to my money project, so it's getting a bit of feature creep. Mostly I need to remember that to get it presentable and out I just need to focus on core functionality and not adding a ton of bells and whistles at the moment.

Other than that, I did my first pull request yesterday adding user roles and security to the Meteor Club Podcast website. I have another pairing session for that tomorrow also, so I'm glad with where that is going.

FOCUS

I just really started to use this Focus@Will app a lot more, big time yesterday and even changed the size of my pomodoro upward and I felt like I was really able to focus way more.

I wasn't really paying attention to it earlier, but I'm going to watch how much more I can focus with it as it does seem like a huge boost and I've been hearing more about it lately also.

That's all for now, peace yo!



No comments:

Post a Comment