Saturday, April 4, 2015

Feeling Recharged and Moving Full Steam Ahead

Better Organization

Now that I am back into work mode, I'm feeling really good about the progress I
get done in the mornings. I have split out the large sections of my main kanban
board into smaller trello boards such as things I want to learn, my money
project, website, and personal fun stuff including dreams goals want to get
stuff.

Overall I like this a lot better, I'm still adding small tasks and working
through them with time tracking via the kanban flow, but now I have it organized
with mostly "category" sections that link out, and as I go through the week I'll
refer to the more detailed board to pull tasks, since there are quite a lot and
those need to also be individually organized.

I've gone and done it!

I ended up splurging finally and buying an iPhone6+. I had been thinking about
doing it for quite a while and it was bothering me. I thought I would be able to
split it onto payments but apparently I read wrong, and that isn't available for
prepaid plans. Oh well, I bought it in full for like 900 bucks after the case,
and it is unlocked so w/e. Great thing there is I can always sell it later for
an upgrade since it isn't carrier locked.

Job soon maybe?

I'm feeling pretty good about my recent meeting with Lance from Big Astronaught.
He is saying he should be able to bring me on in a week or two depending on the
go ahead from a big client of his. I'm hoping to learn a ton about meteor by
working with him on that.

Making dem connections yo!

I've also got a chat scheduled with Saron tomorrow about ideas for helping
newbies like myself and people who have gone through my self learning struggle
to find content easier and not get so lost figuring out what to learn etc.

Overall, I've been happy with the amount of interactiveness I've had with other
website and content creators so far. I look forward to meeting more people like
that, such as Linda from CodeBuddies.org website who I've been chatting with as
well. I'm finally starting to feel like I'm going to be in a position to be a
big help to the community, especially once I get some of my content rolling out
this month.

Easily distracted

The only thing right now I find that might be slowing me down is that I do
easily get distracted by jumping into these chats and what not. I've never been
huge on facebook and twitter, but the live chats are addicting and even though
I'm making some good friends and connections I'll have to monitor myself and
make sure I don't let it distract me too bad if I am in the middle of some
pomodoro cycles etc.

So, other than wishing I had 10x more time to get things done I am happy with my
progress so far, and feel that it's only going to get better soon. See you
around!

No comments:

Post a Comment