Friday, April 17, 2015

Pairing for the win!

Alright so I did a small bit of work on my website and it's slowly getting where
I want it to be. I didn't really do any work on making it responsive as that
feels like a pretty good chunk of work and I was looking to relax on my day off
(which I really did).

Yesterday was good fun as I did some pairing on a few exercism.io projects after
completing javascript koans. Even though I felt pretty good about my javascript
knowledge, I learned a ton! Pairing is great, because you can talk out the
problems and one person can look something up while you are trying to write out
the problem.

Mindfulness

I picked up the Head Space app to help give me tips and guide me along on
meditations. I figure I'll use the app for 1-2 weeks to soak up any good ideas
and practices from it, and then move back to self directed again.

I'm pretty much thinking that I have to get back into exercising even more than
I have been. I'm doing the bike riding and really light moving around, but it
would be good to really make sure I'm doing some stuff to get my heart pumping
each day.

Overall, the more stress I release through meditation and exercise...the more
work I will get done and the more productive I can remain. That's the thing to
keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment