Monday, April 13, 2015

When will it end?

What did I do?

The past few days were mostly spent working through getting a good grasp of iron router, and how to have it internet with my app. I feel so much more competent now, but it sucked that it took so long!

No probs, I've got it now. Another big part of it was that I was also using it for a more uncommon thing I suppose, which was actually going to another route (a transaction detail) with just a modal, which meant I needed to KEEP the data behind that modal popup while still being on another route. Took several hours but I got it working and now it's awesome!

Productivity

My productivity was so-so. One day was rough because of bad sleep (which I have data to prove, this sleep app shows I didn't get many REM cycles) and then I had seizures, and I felt like poop blah blah.
Whatever it's all good. Mostly I'm doing okay with not getting WAY distracted with chats. I still use the chat, but now it's for sharing my thoughts of what I'm currently coding and asking for help which gets me moving quicker in that sense. Still working on it though!

Health Stuff

I'm not really working out like I would want to. I haven't decided exactly how I want to approach this. I could start doing P90X but that takes up SO much time.

I guess just doing the running was alright, but I was demotivated to do that due to some heavy rain lately, and I'm too big of a wimp to go run in that crap.

Perhaps I'll just try to make it one of those gradual habit things like, "I just have to walk out the door and across the street" habits...and then if I still don't feel like walking or running I can come back. Lol, sounds odd but that's how successful people keep so many habits going. Just small things that are almost impossible to fail.

Going forward

I realized I haven't been applying for jobs recently, and this other one has seemed to fall through so I decided I certainly want to get maybe 1 app in a day. I am SO FREAKING done with my current job. It's so stressful at the moment because the volume of calls has increased to the point where there is LITERALLy 9 hours of back to back calls with zero downtime.

I just feel so exhausted every day, and plus the type of calls I take now as an SOS rep are getting ridiculous. If it was simple stuff, I'd be less bothered by it. I would have applied and got some of the promotions they offered recently, however I decided to decline those due to really wanting to push myself into a programming job. Blah, just taking longer than I want.

There is my rant, and now it's time to get rolling! I'm excited to have this app finally come together soon and start being usable, and for the next few days I'll be working on content creation. I really liked the articles and videos I put out recently, so I know it will only get better going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment