Saturday, March 7, 2015

I might need to recharge the batteries

So after finishing up all of the Euler projects and filling out the massive
questionnaire for Big Astronaut, I sit here eagerly awaiting feedback. Also I am
pumped to look for other companies which would be fun to work for.

Stressed? Or maybe I just need to recharge

I didn't do too much today productivity-wise...I guess it's been about 3 months
since I've given myself a day off to just relax. Not that I relaxed today, I
just stressed over not being in the mood to do stuff. Maybe that is a sign I
should relax haha. Honestly I don't even know what I would do at the moment. I
kind of want to go ride my bike, but a cold front blew in again.

I thought about buying a new game, but then I quickly lost interest in that. I
do really want to just build things. Since I am spending so much creative energy
solving problems and learning new things, perhaps the best way for me to
recharge the batteries so to speak would be to look for more social ventures or
physical activities. Before, just watching TV and playing video games was
extremely fulfilling...but maybe because I played really hardcore and
challenging games. Now that my need for challenge is being taken up, I've got to
balance that out.

Planning and prioritizing

Anyhow, I did a bit more planning today on what I want to focus on going
forward. I really have a bit of a design block on how I want my blog header to look,
and how to design my landing page / portfolio / about sections.

I was thinking perhaps I should bump up the priority of polishing some of my
existing projects, and make a card view for the portfolio page. That would make
the most amount of sense now that I am putting myself out for potential
employers.

My new idea...it's a good one!

I had a new idea for a "capstone" project to do instead of the money tracking
thing. There are SOOO many learning resources and websites popping up now days
for getting into web development, that it is hard to even decide where to go or
which one best suits what you need to do.

I learn about a new resource almost every couple of days at LEAST. The problem
gets even worse when some of the hide content behind pay walls, and you don't
know if paying 50 bucks a month to access it is even any better than the free
resources.

So, the idea would be to make some sort of review / content aggregation site to
bring together all of the learning resources and categorize them based on what
you want to learn and your own learning style. So people would vote and review
on the best learning resource for certain topics. Maybe Codecademy is best
for...learning basic Ruby syntax, but then you want to learn HTML/CSS and
everyone has voted up Code School, and then Michael Hartl for Ruby on Rails
beginners...anyways those are examples not my opinions but that is the point.
Who knows? I think that would be extremly useful to me to see a spot where there
are discussions and what not based around that.

The site could be similar to glassdoor for example, just people who have
experience with the resource giving the knowledge so you can make better
decisions on how to spend your time.

Anyway that's what I've got for now, see you in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment