Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reaching Peak Performance

What did I learn?

So my learning of Meteor.js has been very comprehensive so far. I've completed all of the Evented Mind screencasts, read through the entire official manual, skimmed the docs a few times, and almost fully completed the Discover Meteor book. I read through some community stuff and looked through various articles also so I have a pretty good feel for the framework and where it is going. Overall I can say I am extremly happy to be learning it.

There are some things that I'll have to drill down to and practice more to fully learn, but at the moment I am pretty sure for anything I need to do I can figure out where to look and how to get the answer. That is the big part of learning a new language or framework. Memorization comes later with practice and building practical apps, and troubleshooting issues.

How do I feel?

I've been taking L-Arganine and ZMA, along with some low-carb protein to complement my exercising that I've been doing lately. I am not sure if it is that stuff helping, or the fact that I've been running and working out catching up finally but I feel great! I was able to do a full sprint to the end of the block before getting winded, and my recovery-walk was much shorter and I was able to sprint through the entire trail which I usually have to do like 3-4 run/walk iterations.

On top of that, bumping down to 4 hours of sleep I am actually getting out of bed MUCH easier. Perhaps I was just waking up at a weird cycle for the 5 hour mark. I did take a 5 minute boredom nap at work, and felt a little drowsy for a bit, but then got up and moved around and I'm refreshed already.

Going forward...

I think I'll give some time into learning Velocity the upcoming testing framework for Meteor, and also probably go through the Bulletproof Meteor course. That should give me an all-around great understanding of the important parts of building any Meteor app going forward.

I want to make a from scratch app now, or at least copy a concept on my own once I am done with some of this. It makes it much easier to learn when I am not copying code. Currently I will read up on a section, and peek at what the next block of code will do, then try to write it out myself before actually looking over the example code. This is helping me learn much faster and solidify the concepts.

That's it for now though. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment