Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Planning out the Month of March

I already feel really good about the two articles that I've written. I got a ton
of retweets for my learning resources article that I posted also, so that is
great. Now to just sustain that sort of quality weekly for a few years! Haha...

I wrote 2000 words for my productivity article, and it took me about 2.5 hours
to complete. I am sure I can write future stuff a bit faster, but I did pause
quite a bit going through it, and I'm a bit sloppy at the moment.

I've decided I'll go ahead and give the Geekdom space a 1 month trial this
coming month, so I'll go in tomorrow around noon to check it out. My goal for
now would be to go in about twice a week. In all it should cost me 90 dollars,
so I would hope to get value out of it from networking, otherwise I'd just
cancel.

I got stuck a bit on the Fibonacci recursive project, and took a bit longer on
the merge sort than I wanted. Just shows I need to do some more practice and
katas so I'll be completing a couple a week going forward until I can do them in
less than an hour np.

I've been planning out the month of March as best as I can but it is very
difficult to forsee that far out! This is something I want to get better at for
sure. Project and goal planning for me is hard enough a day or two out haha.

So far I have gotten about a week worth figured out, and then just a broad "do
personal project" I can drill down further on it, but I don't know if I'll be
spending more time working on League Junkies or not, and then I'd have to choose
a project to focus on. Also, it might be a good idea for me to pick some concept
projects to "copy" which show my competence and try to complete them in about a
week each so i can have portfolio stuff to show.

Hard choices man!

Resumes will start going out this month, so I also want to be sure and polish up
my Github and portfolios as much as I can. Going forward, doing tasks focused on
getting a job will probably be the big thing for me. I just need to keep that in
mind, because it is easy to just focus on learning more as there is so much
knowledge to still obtain, however I am effective enough at the moment to
contribute to a team imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment