Friday, March 13, 2015

One Track Mind

Productivity++

Dang, my learning motivation is top notch these past two days. I was able to
blast out 20 pomodoros yesterday, and another 13 today before work. I've been
working through the Discover Meteor book, and then I found a great post from
Javascript is Sexy called "learn Meteor the right way" and it helped me to get a
good list of resources to work through, with some good discounts one being the
book, and another is an amazing screencast series from EventedMind.

Lance just asked me to make a simple leaderboard app, but I have gone beyond
that. I've got a pretty decent reddit clone going from following the book
examples, including login. I also have a good overview of the workings of Meteor
from reading through the Docs and the EventedMind screencasts do a great job of
explaining how things work internally.

Overall I really enjoy Meteor, and look forward to developing some apps in it. I
actually feel that it would be a great framework for the money tracking app idea
that I had because of the real-time and responsiveness of it as well as the
ability to easily port to iOS / Android.

Exercise

I have been feeling better and better, and now that it is warming up I went for
a bike ride again and running is much more enjoyable. I've added a protein shake
with kale / spinach to my day in order to augment the working out I've been
doing. I was considering doing some Insanity or P90X but not sure yet. For now I
am feeling good with the decent exercise I am getting.

Sleep

I thought of bumping down to 4 hours of sleep for the crunch time of this next
month because I am super serious about getting this job or SOME job very soon.
Once I get one I can bump back up to 5-6 and be okay with it.


If I do get a remote job, I definitely would consider checking out working at
the Geekdom co-working space. I think that would help keep me sane and able to
meet other people, which I was really missing when working from home doing
Youtube stuff for 4 years straight.

Well, that's all I can think about right now. The only thing on my mind is
finishing up this book and screencasts so I can feel really good with my Meteor
knowledge. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment