Sunday, March 1, 2015

Peak Productivity

Progress!

These past two days I have made a considerable amount of progress on my website.
I was able to complete enough of the blog to be quite presentable and start
putting up content. It felt good to be able to do so much without as many
roadblocks. I did hit one bump with a template issue, but I resolved it by doing
an if statement within the view, isntead of breaking out into two templates.
Wasn't as clean as I'd like but it works.

For the rest of this week (next two days) I'll be focusing on writing content. I
was able to polish up my Tmux/Vim article a good amount, put together a recap of
building the blog, and also posted up my monthly recap of learning web dev.

I downloaded screenflow and GIFBrewery so that I can edit up some screencasts
and gifcasts, which I was looking forward to, so that should be good fun!

Becoming more productive?

Looking at my time spent report, I've been getting about 5~ pure pomodoros
completed each morning this week, which as been great. That was all that I could
complete on my total day off last week. Overall it just shows how exhausting it
is to work in such a focused state for so long.

I'll have to begin working out more in order to gain more stamina, as throwing
more hours into the equation at this point won't help. I've been exercising a
decent amount now, but I could certainly step it up. Once the weather gets
better I'll be able to do some biking and that will be awesome.

Future Planning

Now that my website is *mostly* complete, other than a pretty landing page and
cleaning up my portfolio, I can switch my focus back into learning the more
heavy duty stuff. My focus for next week is going to be on TDD, as I plan to use
pure TDD in all projects going forward.

I'll be trying to plan out for the entire next month at the beginning of next
week, and get as much of an estimate on what I can accomplish from there. I am
really happy with being able to practice my time estimates through my Kanban
board. I think I'll do a screencast or post on how I organize that as well soon.

Well, that's all the time I have for now. See you in two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment